Monday, February 28, 2011

Sunday Sandwich!

Sunday's dawn nice and bright, and in my house it usually means a big egg-y breakfast. It is my job every Sunday to ensure that every member of my family has had a hearty breakfast, made to suit their tastes.

I prefer to start every Sunday (or any other holiday for that matter) with my "Sunday Sandwich".

It is basically an egg sandwich but spruced up with some veggies and coriander (dhaniya) chutney. 


First off, cut the vegetables you would like in your sandwich. I prefer Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Capsicum (green peppers).


Next toast bread, I prefer brown bread, because the slices are bigger and it is apparently healthier. 
Fry an egg. You can have it sunny side up, or sunny side down. I like mine to be done on both side but when you cut into it it should be nice and gooey. 

To assemble your sandwich, just butter the slices, layer your veggies and then add chutney on the veggies. I prefer not spreading chutney  on toast as it makes it soggy. Then put your egg fry on top. 


The sandwich is pretty big. You have to open your mouth fully and then try to take a bite.

Optional: you can add chaat masala on top of the veggies. I add salt and pepper to the egg while cooking it.

This sandwich is very filling. I can easily go without food for three hours after having this for breakfast.

So would you try my sunday sandwich? What are your favourite breakfast foods?

3 comments:

  1. sounds yummy Shreya....will have to try it soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know how it was. And it is so filling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :(

    I'll have to make do with a potato patty. :(

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! I am listening.